Austria has a long tradition in the construction and operation of road and rail tunnels, a field where user safety and accident response management are becoming ever more important. Building on past success, this international symposium once again offers the possibility to exchange knowledge and to gain deeper insight into the newest developments in the following fields.
The focus is put on:
- Ventilation: design for normal and incident operation
- Risk analysis: evaluation of safety related measures / limits of ventilation systems
- System tests for the commissioning of road and railway tunnels and recurring tests during operation
- Operational experience of road und railway tunnels
- Refurbishment and upgrading of tunnels under operation
The programme covers plenary lectures on June 12th and 13th as well as technical visits on June 14th, 2018.